See stairs? TAKE STAIRS
See stairs? TAKE THE STAIRS
And here's why...
Exercise has AMAZING effects on your brain immediately during exercise and long lasting.
1. IMMEDIATE INCREASE IN DOPAMINE, SEROTONIN, AND NORADRENALIN your happy feelings!
2. IMMEDIATE ABILITY TO SHIFT AND FOCUS ATTENTION for AT LEAST two hours.
3. REACTION TIMES INCREASE so you can avoid spilling the $7 Starbucks on your nice work outfit
4. YOU ARE CREATING NEW BRAIN CELLS in the hippocampus improving long term memory
5. YOUR BRAIN IS A MUSCLE and strengthening by exercise increases 'good mood' neurotransmitters, as well as long term attention function
6. INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE PREFRONTAL CORTEX AND HIPPOCAMPUS causing diseases like Dementia to develop at a slower rate. It's like a brain 401k FOR FREE
Now, I am sure you are wondering, what is the minimum amount of exercise I need to have all of the benefits?
30 minutes 3-4 times a week of aerobic exercise, meaning increased heart rate, is all you need. So, see those stairs? TAKE THE STAIRS!
#workout #fitness #fitfam #food #love #life #happy #exercise #family #friends