Do you find yourself lacking motivation? Are you at a stand-still trying to move forward? It's easy to fall off track, so it is important to have a healthy routine. Sometimes we spend time doing unproductive things that become habit. DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM MOVING FORWARD! These negative feelings cannot stick around for long, and here is how I do it.
1. I write down my goals. Goals can be as simple as your daily tasks to your 5 or 10 year plan. Consistently reminding myself what I want to accomplish makes it so much more real and eventually brings it to reality. Keeping a daily planner has been huge for me to get things done.
2. Utilize the weekend. I dedicate free time on the weekend to planning my next week's tasks. Things like meal prepping or getting ONLY what I need at the store can help me not over-eat during the week. That brings me to my next tip...
3. Groceries AFTER eating. Going to the grocery store full helps me to not pick out everything that looks good, because if I am hungry you know I am getting the chocolates and extra Halo top flavors that my body and wallet do not need.
4. "Re-set" This has been huge for me this summer because I like to get out and have balance in my diet and lifestyle. The important thing for me has been knowing that only ONE cheat meal or drink is enough to enjoy the experience.
5. Choose driven and focused people. I choose to surround myself with people who benefit what I am trying to do, and I choose to not surround myself with those who can bring me down. Being an adult you get to choose those things!
6. Repetition. Switching things up too much can make me lose focus, so I try to make sure my important daily tasks stay the same. Such as making my bed, the same healthy breakfast that starts my whole day of health conscious eating, making time for exercise and studying.
7. Putting aside my phone. My phone can be a HUGE distraction. A lot of my heart is for you guys and using social media to interact with you, but I can get easily side tracked and I can find myself looking at Instagram food pictures or exercise videos when I should be getting work done. To fix that I turn my volume off, flip my phone over and get to work.
8. Counting my macro-nutrients. I have found this to be the easiest way for me to stay on top of my diet. It is important that I eat only what my body needs. I use the app MyFitnessPal to log everything and it shows everything in all different measurements, calculates macro percentage and logs my workouts from my Apple watch. Follow me on the app if you want to know in more detail.
10. Praying. I am writing this one last because it is usually the last thing I do before I go to sleep. Clearing my mind is important to my mental health and it helps me to fall asleep. My relationship with God is important to staying on track. I wouldn't be where I am today without Him.
What do you do to stay on track? Let's share with each other, I would love to know what you guys do every day. Comment below!